Conditions for issuing and amending a residence permit
1 . A residence permit for a foreigner may be issued or amended if the foreigner:
(1) complies with the entry conditions laid down in the Schengen Borders Code;
(2) has a valid document certifying health insurance when, in the cases provided for by the laws of the Republic of Lithuania, is not covered by compulsory health insurance, or has a confirmed obligation of a citizen or foreigner residing in the Republic of Lithuania to pay expenses for health care maintenance services;
(3) has sufficient funds and (or) receives regular income sufficient to live in the Republic of Lithuania;
(4) has a suitable dwelling in the Republic of Lithuania, in which it intends to declare its place of residence and the living area of each adult who has declared a place of residence in it would be at least 7 square meters, or own such premises on a rental or lease basis, if the relevant contract is concluded for a period of at least the duration of the temporary residence permit and is duly registered, or provides a legally approved undertaking by a natural or legal person to provide him with suitable accommodation in which he will declare his place of residence; the period of validity of the temporary residence permit;
(5) submit a list of trips and residence in foreign countries;
(6) provide detailed information about himself / herself, relations (former and / or current) with persons residing in the Republic of Lithuania (including citizens of other foreign states residing in the Republic of Lithuania), as well as relations with foreign intelligence, security and (or) military institutions.
2. The conditions specified in items 2–5 of Paragraph 1 of this Article shall not apply to a foreigner for whom a representative has been appointed in accordance with the procedure established by the legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania , as well as to a foreigner who cannot leave the Republic of Lithuania for humanitarian reasons, a foreigner who is allowed to stay in the Republic of Lithuania because he or she is or has been a victim of trafficking in human beings or illegal employment and cooperates with a pre-trial investigation body or court in combating trafficking in human beings or crimes related to trafficking in human beings or illegal employment conditions or when a minor has worked, or due to the interests of state security, as well as to a foreigner who has the right to restore the citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania or is a person of Lithuanian origin in accordance with the Law on Citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania.
3. The conditions set out in Paragraph 1, Items 2–5 of this Article shall not apply to a foreigner granted asylum or temporary protection in the Republic of Lithuania, as well as to family members of a foreigner granted asylum in the Republic of Lithuania who applied for a residence permit in the event of family reunification within 3 months of asylum in Lithuania. Republic.
3(1). When a temporary residence permit is issued to a foreigner who intends to study or study, and when this foreigner’s temporary residence permit is changed, the living space of suitable dwelling for each person intending to declare his / her place of residence in that premises (including persons who have already declared their residence in that premises) ) must be at least 4 square meters.
3(2). A foreigner to whom a temporary residence permit has been issued or changed on the basis specified in Item 4 of Paragraph 1 of Article 40 of this Law shall not be subject to the requirement of adequate living space established in Item 4 of Paragraph 1 of this Law if the employer employs him under an employment contract. international routes, or if the employer sends him to work in another Member State of the European Union or the European Free Trade Association under a contract for the provision of services or work in that Member State, during the period of that foreigner’s employment there.
4. If a foreigner fails to submit the information referred to in Paragraph 1, Item 6 of this Article or refuses to provide it, his or her application for a residence permit shall not be accepted.
5. The provisions of Paragraph 1 of this Article, except for the obligation provided for in Paragraph 1 of Article 6 of this Law for a foreigner to have a valid travel document, shall not apply in the case of exchange of a permanent residence permit.
6. If, when issuing or amending a residence permit, it is established that another Schengen State has entered an alert for the refusal of entry of a foreigner in the central second generation Schengen Information System in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 539/2001, 1987/2006, the Migration Department must consult with this Schengen State and take its interests into account. A residence permit may be issued or amended only for humanitarian reasons or for international obligations.
7. The Migration Department advises other Schengen states on the issuance of a residence permit to such a foreigner when the Republic of Lithuania has issued a warning of his / her non-admission. If another Schengen State, after consultations with the Republic of Lithuania, issues a residence permit to a foreigner or if he already has a valid residence permit issued by one of the Contracting Parties, the alert for refusal of entry in the central second generation Schengen Information System shall be revoked. entry into the Republic of Lithuania is prohibited.