- is applying from outside the EEA;
- has sufficient funds with which you will be able to support yourself;
- meet the English language requirement;
This can be done by either:
- passing the English language test;
- having an academic qualification taught in the English language which is the equivalent of a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD
- is recruited and employed outside the UK by a company the headquarters and principal place of business of which is outside the UK;
- possesses extensive industry-related experience and knowledge;
- holds a senior position within the company, but not be a major shareholder;
- possesses full authority to make decisions on the company’s behalf in respect of the UK entity;
- intends to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK, for example, a registered branch or a wholly-owned subsidiary;
This visa also applies to those employed by an overseas newspaper or broadcasting organisation and are being posted here on a long-term assignment.
You cannot be employed by the parent company and act only as a sales agent (i.e. be hired by a company to sell or distribute their products within the UK, but working for yourself and providing your services for a fee).