1. STAGE 1 – Getting an endorsement ✅
2. STAGE 2 – Making the application ✅
3. Extending your visa ✅
4. Getting indefinite leave to remain ✅
Settlement - Length of time in the UK needed to qualify
You get ILR after 5 years for exceptional promise, and after 3 years for exceptional talent.
In both cases, you can count any previous leave under:
- Tier 1 (except Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Migrant and Tier 1 (Post- Study Work));
- Tier 2 (except Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant);
Criteria for settlement
You have to show:
- Your endorsement hasn’t been withdrawn; and
- You have been employed (or self-employed) in the area of expertise for which you were endorsed.During your most recent period of leave as a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) migrant, you have earned money in the UK as a result of employment or self-employment in your field of expertise. This is the field for which the Designated Competent Body endorsed you.
Knowledge of Language and Life for settlement
You have to pass the Life in the UK test and get Level B1 in English speaking and listening.